Friday, August 20, 2010

A Little About Boy Kyle


     I thought this would be a good time to tell you a little bit about myself. I'm 20-something years old (I genuinely can't remember at the moment) and live on Cape Cod. This obviously means that finding entertainment requires fighting traffic and crowds during the summer when everything is open (and by everything I mean beaches, mini-golf and bars) or renting some dvds and staying bundled up by the woodstove in the winter. I love all these things as much as anyone but beaches have lost a bit of their allure for me over the years, mini-golf is getting expensive and repetitive, I'd prefer not to develop a drinking problem and there are only so many movies out there worth watching. So when Kyle came to me with the idea of starting a blog together my brain told me that this could be an opportunity to shake things up a little.

     I've found myself stuck in a routine of late and I think that this project will force me, and Kyle as well, to get away from that routine and create new experiences. There are some activities that we've done before but we wanted to make sure it was something we hadn't done in a long time. One that I'm particularly looking forward to is performing at an open mic night somewhere. I was in a few bands with my brother for several years, toured the country with some and then as life caught up to us we begrudgingly put the guitars away and cut our hair. My favorite thing in the whole world is performing music in front of a crowd and I miss it terribly.

     The new experience that I'm looking forward to the most is brewing beer with my cousin. He has been home-brewing since college and I've never joined him. This fall/winter we plan on making a batch of an experimental beer and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

     There are a couple ideas that Kyle came up with that, to be quite honest, aren't really my cup of tea. But even just the fact that they're things that I wouldn't do is exciting to me. I think it's exactly what I want this to be: stepping out of my comfort zone (sometimes leaping) and experiencing new things. Maybe I'll discover something about myself along the way. That's way too much pressure for what is supposed to be a fun and lighthearted adventure.

     To sum up, there will be some big adventures and some small but all of them will be fun or at the very least interesting. If you have any ideas for things you'd like to see us try send an email with your suggestions to kyleandkyleblog@gmail.com and we'll do our best to add it to the list. Remember, we don't make a whole lot of money so try to keep your suggestions somewhat reasonable. While we would love to see the pyramids in Egypt, the Great Wall in China, or the volcanoes in Hawaii, we need to buy groceries too. Tell your friends and keep checking back in.

     - Boy Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment